Friday, September 4, 2009

One Page Wonder: F@NB0Y$

Hello I'm the WebcomiCritic, I do it because, well... Somebody has to!



I love F@NB0Y$. I shall admit, it had it's not so great moments, but this is a solid-ish webcomic I believe everybody should give a read. However, I'm here to talk about this one particular mini-story arc he has here.

It starts out as an ordinary day where Nintendo fanboy Lemmy, sees that his horoscope says he'll cause pain and destruction to those around him. He gets scared.

And then it gets worse, on his way to the bank, we see Death, a recurring minor character in the story. And Death... really likes death. And these comics were amazing. they were funny. Really funny.



I couldn't stop laughing. what's more, everytime I see it, I keep on laughing. Its a joke that doesn't get old. the sight gags, the interactions with death. And how cheerful Death is. It's just so absurd you can't help but laugh.


What's also a hoot is Lemmy's expression in each comic, especially the first one. It's well done and perfectly displays his fears. the art of Scott Under (If that is his real name) is realistically cartoon and flexible for exaggeration. And as far as the story goes, anything goes, including death. And this plotline juts shows how over the top Mr. Under will go and just how silly Mr. Under's faces can get. I mean, how many people can make a perfectly expressive skull? especially with such innocent and sinister expressions?

This is comedy gold, even if it is too sadistic. Go on, Mr. Under! You do the webcomic community good.

"You know what I like most about banks? Armed robberies!" -Death

-Read or Die You Uneducated Buffoons
The Webcomicritc

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Harkovast here!
    I can't find the review of my comic anymore.
    Has it been deleted?
    I'm a bit disapointed if it has! I'll have to remove my link to it on my comic.
    If it has been removed for some reason, can I have a transcript of it? I like to collect my reviews together (both good and bad!)
    I think it is a bit unfair to post a review and then remove it without giving me any notice.

    By the way, the joke with the baseball bat scout was a referance to that quentin tarantino film "Inglorious Basterds".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put the review back, I just need to do a few things with it. I may have been acting like a huge jerk with the first one and I didn't give the comic a proper chance, so I'm going to read the comic again. Just tell your fans it's been postponed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harkovast says- Can I still have a copy of the original harsh version?
    I rather liked it, for all its brutality.
    Harko-fans are a small but very dedicated bunch! The people who follow it are VERY enthusiastic!

    ReplyDelete